New Member!
The Clothes line
Login  |  Register
Page: 1

Kay
3 posts
Aug 20, 2007
1:56 AM
Hello all. My name is Kay. I am a Mum with 3 kids again 5, 3 and 6 months. Before kids I was already converting to chemical free, more natural products. But then kids and allergies came along! Suffice to say that now everything just about is made from scratch, not a chemical in sight and doing everything the natural way. While I was interested in home schooling it didn't seem the right time to go there, but we did choose a school with an alternative learning system instead of the standard school (and are very happy with it!). Our boy is thriving there. Our middle boy is the one with the most significant allergies...... and our bub has me on quite a restricted diet to prevent various symptoms that started to pop up. But we are all healthy and happy and loving life.

I have read with interest the posts so far and am looking forward to being involved.
Amina
45 posts
Aug 23, 2007
3:39 AM
Hi Kay. Welcome to Angelmothers. Wow, three children all so close in age. You must be so busy especially with those allergies. It's great to hear of parents doing the natural and no chemical way. It is very challenging these days but with the right knowledge, support and organization it can be done.

Glad you enjoy the messages on our mothers chat room and please feel free to ask anything, no matter how small or strange it may sound, I'm sure most mums will relate. Thank you for your contributions. Hugs and smiles Amina
noeleen62
19 posts
Aug 24, 2007
2:11 AM
Hi Kay my Name is noeleen and i not long joined this lovely chat room myself. I am a single mother of eight children and my eldest is 21 years old and then i have an 18yr old then a 17 yr old then a 14yr old then a 10yr old then a 8yr old then a 5yr old and the last is 3yrs old. I hope i can help you with a few things but i am learning a lot myself these days. I am also a nana too two lovely boys aged 18mths and 1 mths. The children are four boys and four girls. I am also involoved with the department of Human service's. But i hope that these lovely ladies will not have an opinion about the way i have tired to bring up my children. I still love them and i am also trying to get four of the children back in my care. I hope this doe not shock you but i am been honest and i love all my children and i am trying to do the best that i can. By the way i am 45 yrs old so i am an old fashioned mum ha ha
dolly
1 post
Aug 25, 2007
4:44 AM
Hi everyone, My name is Cindy, I'm a mum to a beautiful 3 and a half yr old little boy, who is the light of my life and i am about to become a mum again. I have also previously studied childcare. I was wondering if anyone has advice on how to help our son cope with the new baby especially with sibling rivalry. cheers cindy
Amina
47 posts
Aug 25, 2007
4:22 PM
Hi Cindy, Welcome to Angelmothers. I think this is a topic that many mothers will be able to contribute to and can also benefit from so I am going to start a new topic message called 'Siblings & Newborn baby'

Hope you get some helpful tips and enjoy your pregnancy. Hugs and smiles Amina xx

Last Edited by on Aug 25, 2007 4:22 PM
noeleen62
23 posts
Aug 26, 2007
2:30 AM
HI dolly how are you??? May i ask when is your baby due?? As my daughter told her son who was 16months that mummy was having a brother and showed him her belly and pointed and said this is your brother.And now he gives him a kiss eveyday
dolly
3 posts
Aug 27, 2007
5:15 AM
hey noeleen, im due at the end of october, and while i have introduce the baby to my son from the day i found out, i still think there will be a little bit of sibling rivalry because he has had me and his dad to himself for the last 3 years and this baby is also a girl. he talks to the baby and feels my stomach but i'd like to have a backup plan there just in case.
noeleen62
24 posts
Aug 29, 2007
1:52 AM
hi again thank-you for letting me know when the net baby is due. I have been thinking about your situtaion and the only other thing that i can think of is have your family around and help you as much as they can and also involve the little one. for example when you need to change baby's bottom as your 3rd old to maybe get the wet one's or the nappy for you.
amc79
1 post
Nov 12, 2007
4:28 AM
Hello ladies i am a new member i have just joined tonight : ) I am 27 years old married with 3 boys Jarred 4 years, Ethan 2 years and Ryan 10 months. I am looking forward to getting to know you all : )
By the way i am in Bundaberg Queeensland.
Creative Goddess
3 posts
Nov 14, 2007
1:12 AM
Hi Guys, I am just reponding to Cindy's question on how to integrate their new baby into the family with minimal sibling rivalrary. I am the mum of 2 little ones, Zoe is 3 1/2 and Jakeb is nearly 2 yrs. I can remember those first months very clearly and in the beginning it was hard because I thought that I needed to have a nice quiet environment for Jakeb...so I kept sending Zoe off to do something else while I settled him. This didn't work as she felt left out and unloved and reacted badly and we all fought... as soon as I let go of this wy of doing things and accepted that bed times were going to be loud singing of twinkle little star beside his cot to send him to sleep with Zoe kissing him goodnight, then we all got along much better. It was much much easier when I included her into his routines and she felt valuable and needed by both of us. Much better.
Cass20
Dec 15, 2007
2:52 AM
hi im from australia and having trouble getting my recent 1 year old to sleep, can someone help me?
chelsea
1 post
Jan 15, 2008
3:32 AM
Hello everyboby my name is rachel and i live in blackwater QLD, i have two girls aged 7 and 3. i work full-time so i'm always so busy how does anyone cope?

Last Edited by on Jan 15, 2008 3:38 AM
Amina
65 posts
Jan 22, 2008
1:43 AM
Hello Cass and Rachel, Welcome to Angelmothers xx

Well Rachel, what does one do when we are all so busy? Well I try and take each day as it comes. Some days can get a bit crazy and then you get those days that work out wonderfully. I guess that is how it is (or how we choose) it to be in this 21st C.
It is really important to me to spend some quality time with those we love, eg. our children and also ourselves. We really need time as mothers to recuperate too.
I also have started prioritizing my time as opposed to scattering my energy and not accomplishing everything I wanted to in my day. Another thing I do is to appreciate what I HAVE done in my day as opposed to stressing out about what I haven't done.
May sound a bit weird but (for a wee while) I even wrote a list of what I actually did in my day (instead of my huge unrealistic list of what I had to do)and I was very happily surprised with how much I had achieved. xx P.s Don't keep that up though else you may end up with OCD. :) xx

Cass, hope your lil one is sleeping o.k now. I meant to reply to you ages ago but as Rachel mentioned, we all get so busy. Please let us know if you are still having any problems and I PROMISE you I will reply much much sooner.

Love and Blessings to you both and for anyone else reading this, Amina xxxxx
Amina
78 posts
May 06, 2008
6:05 PM
Hi Lisa
Welcome to AngelMothers. We hope you are well. Are you from Derbyshire in England?

Best Wishes and enjoy AngelMothers. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions at all on this Mothers Chat room

Love Amina xx
Ellie
1 post
May 29, 2008
7:11 PM
Hi there,
I'm a mama to two babes- Ruby who's 3 and Leo- who's 8 weeks old (a beautiful home water birth).
I'm in Coolum and would like to connect with like minded people, attachment parenting families, playgroups etc?
Samie
1 post
Jul 23, 2008
12:04 AM
Hi everyone, I've just joined and thought I let you know about me. I'm a 24yr mother of two. Lily 5 and a half and Aidan 2 and a half. My partner and I use to live in Mapleton on the sunshine coast hinterland but move to Brisbane back in Oct 06, which was a terrible move for us. I don't know many other mothers as most of my friends are at uni or traveling around the big wide world... So thought I would join a group like this to put myself out there a bit. It sounds a bit funny joining a chat group is putting myself out there. Anyway, kids call
Cheers Samie
jah
2 posts
Jul 29, 2008
3:02 PM
hey everyone im a mother of 4 ages 13 13 9 and 7 im 30 years old i dont get out much so i cant say that i have many friends hope to make sum real soon
becki1i
3 posts
Aug 24, 2008
1:30 AM
Hey there my names beck im a mother to a 8week old boy, im only 19yrs old, so I don't have many friends with kids, I live in melbourne, vic. If anyone wants2 chat I have msn becki1i@hotmail.com or email becki1i@hiptop.com, looking 4ward on hearing from you as its lonely and boring at home!
VPace
30 posts
Mar 15, 2010
11:29 PM
Teach your baby to read

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQA2oN18oM4

Post a Message
Guest Name

(8192 Characters Left)

Please enter the code shown above and click the 'Post Message' button. This additional step is required to help protect against message spam.

Google